SONOS Connect (Zoneplayer 90) turns your stereo into a music streaming SONOS system. Just hook up Zoneplayer 90 to your stereo, home theatre or powered speakers and stream all the music on earth wirelessly in any room using the equipment you already own. Control with free apps for your Android smartphone, iPhone, iPad.
The ZonePlayer 90 lets you play all the music you want, all over your house, on all the audio equipment you already own — your home cinema receiver, stereo system, powered speakers, and more. Just connect the ZP90 to any amplified audio device in any room and it’s instantly part of the wireless Sonos system. To start playing music, one ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge must be connected to the router, then all the rest work wirelessly.
Connects to all your favourite audio equipment
Simply connect the ZP90 to the audio equipment you already own — your home cinema receiver, stereo system, powered speakers, and more — and enjoy the music. The digital and analogue outputs, connected to your favourite sound system, deliver superior sound to every room. And when it comes to volume control, you've got a choice: via Sonos or directly on your favourite audio equipment.
Best-in-class wireless technology for multi-room music
The ZP90 brings great-sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project. SonosNet 2.0, our latest wireless mesh network technology, provides double the wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference. Which means the music gets to all the right rooms — near or far — at exactly the right time.
Instant access to endless music
Sonos liberates the music on your computer and the Internet so you can play it all, all over the house. Wherever there's a ZP120 (or any other ZonePlayer), you can listen to your personal library of music stored on your computer, plus thousands of free Internet radio stations. And Sonos works seamlessly with the most popular music services so you can stream millions of songs and stations from the Internet to the rooms of your choice. You can even connect the ZP120 to your favorite audio source such as an iPod or CD player and listen on all the ZonePlayers throughout your house.
Simple setup and expansion
Setting up your ZP90 is incredibly easy. No technical or wiring expertise required. And no need to break through walls or re-wire your entire house. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started. One ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge in your system must be connected to the router and all the rest will work wirelessly. Add more ZonePlayers in more rooms without adding wires.
New features and music services with automatic updates
Unlike most other consumer electronic products, the ZP90 and the entire Sonos system keep getting better even after you buy it. With free automatic software updates, you'll always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Just register your system and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
Fits into your favourite audio system
Connects to a home cinema system or external amplifier
Seamlessly integrates your home theater system and other audio devices into your Sonos Multi-Room Music System.
Analogue and digital audio output
Enjoy superior audio quality with analog, optical and coaxial digital audio outputs engineered for premium performance. Fixed or variable audio output options provide flexible volume control.
Tone and volume controls adjustable for each zone
Optimise sound performance for each zone using zone-specific bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls. Adjust volume by individual zone or by groups of zones.
Wireless, multi-room music with SonosNet 2.0
Built-in wireless capability
The ZP90 can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. ZonePlayers and Controllers establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance you need to get music all over your house.
NOTE: To get started, you must connect either a ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge to your home network using a standard Ethernet cable.
SonosNet 2.0 wireless mesh network technology
Doubles the wireless range of previous ZonePlayers. Provides whole-house coverage, ensures synchronous music playback, and avoids sources of wireless interference.
Works with any mix of ZonePlayers Compatible with all previous generations of Sonos ZonePlayers, Controllers, and ZoneBridges
Listen to the same song in multiple rooms, perfectly synchronised
Play the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your zone grouping and still be in sync.
Listen to different songs in different rooms, simultaneously
Tune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room — simultaneously.
Instant access to endless music
Liberate the music on your computer and enjoy it in every room
Sonos can play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, including MP3s and iTunes®.
Enjoy computer-free music playback
Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations — without ripping, downloading or turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
Pre-loaded Internet radio stations — free of charge
Sonos includes more than 100,000 radio stations, shows, and podcasts – all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer. Browse for stations or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
Get endless music from the most popular online music services
Sonos works seamlessly with Deezer, iheartradio, Last.fm, Napster®, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, SIRIUS® Internet Radio, Spotify®, Wolfgang's Vault®, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region. Click here to see the music services that work with Sonos in your area.)
Listen to music that's stored on an iPod or iPhone
Dock, charge and wirelessly play the music from an iPod or iPhone with the Sonos Wireless Dock.
Play music from MP3 players, CD players, TV and more throughout the house
The ZP90's audio input with digital encoding lets you connect to an external audio source (such as an MP3 or CD player, TV, DVD, VCR, or radio) and play music or audio on all ZonePlayers in the system.
Simple setup and expandable design
No technical or wireless expertise required. Put a ZP90 in any room where you want music. Digital and analog outputs allow you to connect to your favorite audio equipment in minutes. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Controller. With the touch of a few buttons, you'll be playing music all over the house.
Expandable wireless system
Expand your music system room by room — without adding wires. Add new ZonePlayers with the press of a single button.
Automatic software updates: Sonos keeps getting better
New features and music services delivered automatically — and for free
The Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once you register your system, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
Other cool features
Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your house
The ZP90 has a two-port Ethernet switch to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or NAS drive.
Includes Sonos Controller for Mac or PC and setup software for your computer
Control all your music and all your rooms from any computer or laptop in your house. Setup software facilitates music sharing so music folders on your hard drive can be shared across all ZonePlayers.
Front-panel volume controls
Provides quick access to volume and mute controls when you don't have a Controller in hand.
So small, it fits almost anywhere.
- Sound quality THD+N <0.009%, 20Hz-20kHz
- Line-out connections Analogue (RCA), digital (optical and coaxial)
- Line-in connections Analogue (RCA), auto-detecting Music
- Audio formats supported Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files.
- Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
Apple "Fairplay", AAC Enhanced and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay" DRM-protected songs may be upgraded. See Apple for details.
- Music services supported Deezer, iheartradio, Last.fm, Napster®, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, SIRIUS® Internet Radio, Spotify®, Wolfgang's Vault®, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region. Click here to see the music services that work with Sonos in your area.)
- Operating systems (for stored files) Windows® XP SP2 or higher, Windows Vista™ or Windows 7;Mac OS X v10.4 or higher, including v10.6; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported iTunes®, Rhapsody, WinAmp®, Windows Media Player®, and MusicMatch™ (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Playback modes Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity SonosNet™ 2.0, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network
- Network bridging The 2-port switch (10/100Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX) allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet
- Power Supply AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- Front-panel buttons Volume and Mute
- Front-panel lights Indicate ZonePlayer status and Mute status
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.91 x 5.35 x 5.51 in (74 x 136 x 140 mm)
- Weight 1.5 lbs (0.69 kg)
- Operating temperature 32ºF to 104ºF (0ºC to 40ºC)
- Storage temperature 4ºF to 158ºF (-20ºC to 70ºC)
- Product finish White /high-quality polycarbonate material
- Multi-language support Sonos System Software supports Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Swedish
- Package Contents Sonos ZonePlayer ZP90, power cord, flat Ethernet cable, Sonos System Setup software CD-ROM (Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista or
- Windows 7; Mac OS X v10.4 or higher, including v10.6), Sonos Multi-Room Music System Set-up Guide, 1 RCA stereo audio cable, 1 stereo mini to RCA Y-audio cable.
* Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply.